From:
Debra Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:04:46 -0800
I tend to lurk most of the time, but I just lost my baby, Heinz to liver
cancer.

He was a sweet little boy, I got him when he was just a babe.  He was
quite a sight, he had panda markings, badger markings, silver-mit feet,
and a black tail with a white tip.  And the cutest little speckled belly
you ever saw!  The first time I saw him, he was belly up, sound alseep in
the Petland here in Lansing.  I HAD to hold him.

They were used to this, they know me so well there!  I have gone there
lots of times and hold and play with the ferrets, I know they don't have
a lot of time to do this themselves, and they have told me they really
appreciate my coming in.

Well, I went back every week for a month.  He was there, each time, even
though other babies had come and gone.....no one took him.  After the
fourth week, I knew he was meant to be mine.  Since he was so colorful,
we named him Heinz.

He had been ordered with these markings by someone who decided he wasn't
right.  I am SO glad she didn't want him.

After a year, he did a serious about face, he turned almost totally white
with a little bit of black ticking, and a black tail tip.  I don't know
what that person who ordered him would have done with him if he changed
on them.  I figure he was meant to be with me, because I loved his
personality, not his looks.

He had the sweetest personality, very gentle and loving, and we teased
him about being a "Ferret of little brain".  He had eyes shaped like the
Precious Moments figures.  And he was a klutz, he was forEVER falling off
the end of the bed when we played.....and I'd catch him whenever I could,
but he fell off more times than I can count.

I know he had a good life with me, I spoiled him ROTTEN!  And he lived
7 1/2 years, which is the longest I've had a ferret, except for his
cage mate, Pita, she is 8 years old and still kicking......

A friend sent me a WAV of a Barry manilow song called "You're There".  It
was such a beautiful song, and very appropriate, try to find a WAV of it
if you can.....and pass it on to someone else who has lost a little love.

Thanks for letting me talk.  I will miss him tonz, and I know Pita misses
him.  But I know he was a happy fuzzie and was loved by myself and
everyone else who met him.

Give all your babies hugs and kisses, and a treat or two, for Pita and
me, ok?

Take care
De