From:
"Adams, Randy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:18:11 -0800
My boy, Winter, age 6, has been suffering from a combination of aliments
and I would appreciate any help anyone could offer.  On Dec 31 I found
Winter slumped out of his tube barely conscious.  He was cold and his
breathing was slow and I took to an ER where the Dr. informed me that it
was probably insulinoma.  Since, he has been taking prednisone.  The
problem is he has been showing some of the signs of ECE.  Green slime, the
distinct smell.  I've been trying to keep him hydrated and we've been
coming through it great until two nights ago.  I think I let him go a
little to long without eating and he started to crash again, but I fed him
and gave him Karo syrup and he pulled through the night.  But yesterday he
began to refuse to eat or drink anything.  I've tried everything.  I've had
to result to force feeding again.  He's quite lethargic and seems to want
to only crawl under his covers and sleep.  I don't know what to do.  Any
suggestions?

Randy Adams