From:
Lorie Whitworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:35:07 -0500
I have very sad news, Smokey went for surgery on weds.  to have more of the
mass removed.  In just a week Smokey's tumor has grown and invaded so much
that surgery is not an option any more.  My vet told me a surgery now would
leave him in quite a lot of discomfort.  We also decided not to treat Smokey
with chemo, his type of cancer is a very nasty one, the kind of chemo that
many Vets from several states came up with, is so caustic, Smokey would be
deathly sick.  I brought him home in tears, he played and ran with Jim and
Molly when we got home and wondered what all the fuss was about.  I am
heartbroken, he is the sweetest fellow, he cuddles, likes to be scratched in
all his can't reach places, he is very loving.  Vets and fuzzy owners from
many states have tried to help Smokey, I thank you very much for the help
and support you gave.

Thankyou Again,
Lorie