Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:18:58 EST
Hey Tea,
I live in Montgomery so I can tell you a little about the store.  Our Wet
Pets is located in Eastdale Mall about 10 minutes away from my house.  I
don't shop there too often just because I'm try to avoid mall shopping as
much as I can.  I was just there in this store about 2 weeks ago.  I assume
this store is a chain since there is a Wet Pets in Dothan (about 2 hours
away).  I do like to go in there because sometimes they have ferrets and
sometimes they don't.  The night I went in there they had 3.  They were
in a nice size cage.  They were very pretty babies and seemed well taken
care of.  I always like to stick my fingers in the cage and pet on them.
2 were asleep and 1 was biting my finger.  Not hard.  I think he/she was
exploring.  My only gripe was that there were 3 litter pans in the cage.
2 were fine but the 3rd one had a mountain (literally) of poop in it.
Obviously it had not been cleaned out in awhile.  There were 2 teenage
girls working in the store so I imagine neither one of them wanted to take
care of that.  The store for the most part seems clean and well managed.
The ferret cage is located about halfway from the cash register and the
back of the store.

While looking for a dog collar for our dog there, a woman came in with her
small child.  Apparantly he was trying to put his fingers in the cage.
I heard her make a comment something like, "oh no honey, don't put your
fingers in there.  Those things bite." I still think a lot of people are
uneducated when it comes to these babies.  The one that "bit" me hardly
had any pressure on me.

I really couldn't personally tell you what their corporate ideology is but
I wouldn't have any qualms about buying a ferret or other animal there,
other than the price.  At one time their ferrets were selling for around
$150 a piece which is considerably more than what we paid for our 2 babies
which we bought from a locally owned pet shop that has since closed down
due to health problems the owner had.  If there is anything I can try to
find out for you I will be happy to do so.  I'm not a confrontational type
person but they seem to be pretty decent from what I have seen.  I hope
this helps.

Susan