From:
Harvis Weekly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:41:19 EST
My five year old ferret has just had a secound surgery for an adrenal
tumor.  He had two removed last year and recovered well.  This time,
hwoever, he is having recurrent problems being able to urinate.  He has
been on Dirucal (one daily) for most of this last month.  He received a
treatment for ten days and after a recurrence of urinary retention, he
has been taking it again for eleven days.

Today he is in a great deal of distress and I am having to help him void
by massageing his abdomen, soaking him in a warm bath and gently pressing
on his bladder.  I am afraid my vet will suggest that he will have to be
euthanized.  I don't want him to suffer, but I want to do all I can.  It
should go without saying how much I love this little guy.  Are there any
medications, even predominately human ones, which will help to shrink the
prostate and decrease what appears to be some graininess in his urine.

Unfortunately, I, am disabled and his medical expenses have resulted in my
having to borrow.  Although my vet has been VERY generous, I can't afford
another surgery and I don't know if he could even survive another one.  We
need an alternative solution and a few miracles.

I'm asking for any suggestions people might have as a result of their
experiences with adrenal tumors in their beautiful little furry friends.

Yours sincerely,
H J