Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:25:29 EDT
Hi everyone,

I want to thank you for your replies.  I posted the message concerning
my ferret's inflamed, pussy anus yesterday afternoon, and we had an
appointment at his vet this morning, but yesterday evening we decided to
take him to the emergency vet.  It turned out to be an infection caused
by a puncture wound (undoubtedly by one of his two siblings).  They gave
me antibiotics and painkiller for him.  His white blood count was normal
and his temperature was normal.  Today he is acting a lot better and it
appears no longer inflamed.  Poor little guy. :(

Thanks to everyone for your advice and help.

Erica