From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 1994 18:33:51 +0200
Ferret food
One breeder in the Stockholm area is reputedly investigating the
feasibility of importing ferret specific food from the USA. I
don't know which brand.

Ferret census
One of our ferret organisations is doing the long term planning
for a total ferret census in Sweden, both present and past. They
have partly arranged for sponsors for an ad campaign in daily
newspapers. A report will probably take two years or more to be
finished.

This will be very useful when trying to influence politicians to
enact pro-ferret legislation. We don't have any anti-ferret rules
to get rid of, but it would be nice to give them equal status to
cats and dogs.

Aleutian disease
Since AD, or Plasmacytosis as we preferably call it in Sweden,
has proved to be very persistent (in one case a farm lay
abandoned for three years but was still contagious) we've
suspected that AD is an airborne disease.

Now we have proof that it is. If you filtrate the air, the
viruses doesn't spread, so they must hitch a ride on dust
particles or something. SVA, the state veterinary agency,
estimates the danger zone to be a radius of 1 km. Naturally it
can also spread by sticking to clothes and so on.
--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]