From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:55:23 -0700
I wanted to answer Tanya's questions from yesterday - she is absolutely
right - the names on the FML 5000 page are listed in the order the
donations received....or at least the order I either opened the letter
or printed off the Paypal receipt.

And again, yes....there were several people who donated twice.  There was
only room for the newest comments listed on the page, but I did keep the
comments from everyone and if anyone is interested in reading them
all....and there are many, drop me a line and I'll send them right out.

It is SOS policy to provide aid by either making a payment directly to
the Shelter Vet or by arranging food/supplies from places like The Ferret
Depot or TFS.  We have not posted a list of everyone we have given money
to every year.  Most years we just post the totals raised by our
different fundraisers and the total number of shelters helped.  We keep
a record of where all the donations are sent should we ever be asked
to provide that info to the IRS, of course.  Sad to say, with with a
community as large as the FML, there are bound to be personality
conflicts.  Support Our Shelters has no political allegiances.  If there
is a shelter that needs help and we know that it is a legitimate shelter
and it is within our power to help them, we help them.  How do we know it
is a legitimate shelter - we rely on the ferret community for that.

Many shelter operators will publicly thank us here on the FML when we
help out.  Many do not want their 'financial affairs' made public and
thank us privately.  Most shelter operators will not ask for help.  We
get those requests from shelter aides, people who have adopted from the
shelters or personal friends.  We are always willing to talk with a
shelter about their needs and always grateful to hear from their
supporters when they won't ask for help themselves.

I hope I have answered all your questions - if not...just let me know!

Judy Cooke
Support Our Shelters