Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:16:18 -0800
>[Moderator's note: Interesting note though: when they obtained permission
>to fly with the pig they told the airline it weighed only 13 pounds.  It
>really weighed 300 pounds!  Amazing to me how an animal of that size was
>allowed to fly yet "dangerous" caged ferrets are banned.  (Yes, I do like
>pigs, that's not my point.) BIG]

All charges were dropped against the person bringing the pig onboard
(She was charged initially with a number of things, among them, having
livestock on board a commercial aircraft!)  The airline's CEO issued a
statement stating that companion animals were ALWAYS welcome on their
airline and that no charges would be sought.

So..\Mmy ferrets are my companion animals.  (Everyone who has read my posts
over the years can vouch that I always refer to my kids as my companions,
right?!!) I am sure my doctor might be persuaded to issue some sort of
letter stating that as such.  Could be an interesting exercise in law....

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and
Garret)