From:
Melissa Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:34:08 CDT
I need someone to contact me on all the details of Heartworm preventatives.
I don't even know if I should use the cat or dog variety.  My vet told me
to use the dog, but I have since read that people are getting great results
with the new cat variety that has came out.

Also, should I get my ferret tested before starting meds.  I know dogs must
be tested first.  My vet said no he didn't need to be, but I can't say I
trust her advice wholeheartly because she is the reason he isn't on meds to
begin with.

Anyway, if anyone can get me set straight on the FAQs of heartworm
preventatives, dosage, which kind, all that please email me.

THanks,

Melissa and Yoda