Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:01:28 -0500
This is in response to the question about ferret food for the
insulinomic ferret. I figured it's best to also post on the fml so
anyone else can see, and anyone with better info can correct me!

Hello. I hope your little one does well with the pred!

Is is important to feed her a high protein diet even more so now, it
will hope regulate her BG level.

I would suggest Innova Evo Ferret food. If you find a close dealer who
carries Innova you can probably get them to special order you the bags
of ferret food too. A local place carries the 6.6 pound size (I think)
for $20. It is also available online.

I know Wysong is good too but I've never tried it.

Natural Gold is great, but have them send you a sample first, my
ferrets didn't like it, but it is a great food.

You can also make up a "duck soup" mixture of dry kibble and water with
extra proten items like the Nupro Ferret supplement and other additives
in it. I used to add the Science Diet A/D cat food, but ask your vet
first.

Dooks
Risa