From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 20:31:39 -0800
Did anyone see Animal Planet today!!!???  There was a ferret shelter on
there, and a ferret named Simon was featured!  He had a problem, and it
apparently took the shelter mom 7 1/2 months to get him a new home with a
young boy and his family, but it was a good part of the program.  Also got
the issue of Ferrets magazine, one of them anyway, and saw Angie's article
on LUNA, this is a keeper issue, i usually pass them on the to vet clinic
to try to help educate anyone who is interested, by making the information
available.  The Utah rescue was also mentioned!!!  My husband and i picked
up a little 8 month old female today, Roxy.  She is very outgoing, and i
believe she will adjust well to life in this house.  Already hissing at
the boys, but not running from others, either.  Nothing at all like Fergie
and Diana, who i would venture to guess, were cage bound, PERIOD!  Roxy
came from a home, where the boys mother said her son just didn't have time
for her, and she had been kept in the cage for a few days already, so she
will just love it here.  She is drinking and eating kibble, her diet was
mainly cheap cat food, so...here we go again...she has picked up kibble
and tried to eat, except Fenris was always bugging her so put her in the
big cage when we went out for a bit, so she could find some peace.
Chocolate nose...so i gotta burn the image of her face in my brain, or
she w/be confused with a few of the other girls, Lily, Freya, & LB all
have chocolate noses, so i.d.ing them that way is not available.  She
looks most like LB, coat wise, as Lily is chubby, and Freya is getting a
little cream color laced through her tail.

Bandit and Jupiter are recovering quite nicely from their surgeries.
Bandit is progressing a little less rapidly than Jupiter, so i am a bit
concerned for him.  He was more perky today, though...tried to take my
finger to his hidey hole???  I don't know what it is about that particular
finger, except that it is the one that is usually full of soup/recipe when
i am trying to get someone to eat?  Crimson and Jalepeno, w/b going in for
their adrenal surgeries soon, and need to take Felicia in also.  My sweet
little girl is losing weight, although she is eating and drinking.

Eppers, is being Eppy.  He insists on my feeding him from my finger,
before he w/eat from the plate.  I often wonder about him, since he is
most obviously deaf.....why does he know when i am home?  Does he hear my
heart calling out to him?  He has become more playful with the others.  I
am just so glad that he is HOME!  I can concentrate on other issues @ hand
now.

Again and again, i cannot thank you all enough for keeping my Eppy in your
thoughts and prayers while he was missing.  Please keep Slippery & his
mommy Dawna Kraus in your heart and prayers now too, it has been more than
4 weeks that he has been gone from his home in Colorado now.  Dawna and I
have been keeping in touch, she is going and knocking on doors and talking
to people now..a 2nd blanketing looking for him.  YEAH FOR THE FOUND
FUZZIES!!!  I know the panic that sets in when reality comes knocking.

My regards to you all, and hugs to all the fur children donna, Eppy, Roxy
(the new girl) and the rest of the Wisconsin Weasel group here @ our house