From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:52:22 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

I have received quite a bit of mail about my FML post yesterday,
regarding the enormous hobs. (And their ridiculous, tiny 'nads.)

To begin with, Jackson and Bailey Ferrets of Reno, Nevada, you are at
liberty to bring your suit against me to a court of law. But for what,
I ask? Defamation or pain and suffering? If it is to be for defamation,
you will lose. All the judge has to do is take a peek under your tail,
and I will be proven correct. It's not defamation or slander if it is
*true.* As to pain and suffering, I suggest you direct your attention
to whatever twisted individual it was who neutered you in the first
place. Further, be advised I will sue you for court costs related to
my defense.

Secondly, I have been asked "WHO HAS THE ENORMOUS FERRTS?" Her name is
Glenda Greggs, and this is her page at Haskell's Furry Little Rascals.
http://hometown.aol.com/petkittykat/index.html If you really want to
understand the enormity of these ferrets, scroll down to the left side
of her page. Her son is there, holding two of them. Now, I saw her son
at the MAFF Picnic.(And if you live in Massachusetts or southern New
Hampshire or Connecticut you have NO EXCUSE for missing the MAFF
picnic!) He is a well-knit young man of perhaps eleven. Not a 'little'
kid. And look at the size of those ferrets relative to the size of
that kid. OOF!

I know *very little* about ferret breeding, ferret breeders on the FML,
and whatever quarrels you have amongst yourselves. I am not saying the
Haskell's ferrets are the "best" ones available. I have no earthly
idea if that is true. I am saying that as someone who has dealt almost
exclusively with Marshall's ferrets (and I have loved many a Marshalls
ferret, deeply!) these guys were a revelation. They were attractive,
vigorous and husky animals that glowed with health. The ones I held
were nicely socialized. I even had a prolonged scritch with one big
fella who was happy to have me scratch him under the chin aaaaaall day.
Night was negotiable, too. He really leaned into it, and enjoyed my
long fingernails. I would have been delighted to have walked out of
there with one under each arm, although I suspect that was all I could
have carried. And God help me if they got loose in the car on the way
home! They were big enough to have opened my drivers door, thrown me
out onto the road, and gone on a multi-state rampage in my Chevy Astro
Van.

The only other Ferretry I am familiar with are the Zen's ferrets, of
which Sabrina the Bat-Biter was one. She was given to me by some folks
who (didn't have time/had to move/lost their compassion under the sofa
and couldn't find it anymore.) You get the idea. And Sabrina was a
truly beautiful animal--lush, dark, and sharp as a new pin. Oh, she was
clever! And deep. Very deep. If someone asked me about the desirability
of a Zen's ferret I would not hesitate to give them a thumbs-up.

Aside from that I don't have any personal experience with ferret
breeders, so please don't feel slighted if your name is not on this
*very* short list. Or, if you do, please direct your wrath to my
personal inbox and not the world at large. I have no personal
relationship with Glenda Griggs, I was just knocked knocked silly by
the gorgeous ferrets that I saw, and that's what I'm reporting.

Alexandra in MA