From:
Ann Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 18:04:39 -0500
Not deterring the ferrets, but deterring the squirrels from stealing my
bulbs this winter.

I simply "mulched" my bulb beds with several doses of the contents of the
ferrets litter boxes, wood pellets and poop.  Since I didn't start doing
this UNTIL I saw the little pests leaving with some of the 200 bulbs I
planted this fall, I'm not sure how many they got.

I do know I never saw the squirrels in our yard again and some of my
crocuses are coming up, so this works.

Also - went to get stove pellets today as both the cats and ferrets use them
in litter boxes and HORRORS the Saugus Home Depot was clean out.  Danvers,
north of there had some, but when I got up there, the pellets were WET!

I managed to salvage 5 bags and then asked about ordering a pallet to be
picked up using their handy rentable flat bed truck for $19.00 an hour.
I was told that Home Depot no longer will order stove pellets by the
pallet due to a policy change for out of season products.  This is odd.
Anyone else hear this?  Is this just another strange Massachusetts rule?
Or is it time to call the corporate office?

The concept of driving to New Hampshire where they are available year round,
every few weeks is a little depressing.  Especially cause the rentable truck
then becomes prohibitivly expensive and one can't cram too many bags in a
Mazda 323 with shot struts as the tires rub...

Ann and the Magnificant Seven (Formerly known as the Fab 4)