From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:33:58 -0800
I wish i could punctuate that with a FOUND, but it is not to be yet.  My
Epimetheus is a boy, he is punctuated with a belly button.  I hope that
little lost/found girl in Cudahy has a mommy/daddy desperately seeking her
return as i am for my Epimetheus.

Right now, my only hope is that he has found a compassionate soul, that
really needed a friend (like my baby), and is being loved and cared for,
and they are just waiting for me to find them.  I have had no other leads,
besides the 2 in different directions, have however found the courage to
approach people who are in their yards, returning home, or just physically
present, and tell them, that i am not soliciting anything but a little
observance, and why.  They become very good listeners when they know you
are not trying to sell them something.  So don't be afraid to approach
people, when they are out and about...their homes.  It makes them more
aware of the circumstances, than just a piece of paper.  I think i am
going to make a journal, for theraphy?  maybe, but this has evolved
somehow, i have made a new friend of an 85 y/o woman, who wanted to come
see my ferrets, she had them herself, she and her husband, but now that
they are elderly, he being on medication, and prone to dropping things
decided for the safety of the ferrets, that they should not.  (this is
what she has told me so far).  I know that she has contact with some
shelters and clubs in around this area, and has given me phone numbers
to call

Sara had plans to come visit yesterday afternoon, and as my husband and i
were preparing the house for a visit.  We received a phone call from of
all places Kmart?  Sara, had an accident.  She wanted to let us know what
was going on, that she wouldn't make it over, and that she was alright.
Well, we were no longer strangers, having conversed on the phone quite a
number of times, so we said we should go and see her, and took Fenris
along so she could at least see him.  What comfort did come from this, we
met, she held Fenris (beaming, hugging & kissing), and i got hugged too.
We did not stay long, but @ least now we know each other by features too.
I told her we would not stay, but that she call me and let me know how
things worked out, she did say that having a chance to hold my Fenris
calmed her down a bit, that afternoon, as i wasn't so sure that bringing
him was all that good idea after i thought and spoke of it.  So.  Sara
called me when she saw the ad in the lost & found in the paper to ask if
we found Eppy yet, now i have a new friend.  That is what is evolving from
this, a found little girl/lost, a friend, and lots of compassion from many
on the fml.  Hence, my thoughts of a journal, come what may, maybe i can
find the good in all of this, while i desperately seek my lost boy?

Thank you all for all your prayers, you may not know how it has made me
more determined and supported me in this trying time.  i have written
privately the other party who has since lost a ferret of their own.  My
heart tugs for them too, i know the frantic searching, the soul searching,
and the angst.  May only good come from her story.

Sincerely
Donna, Eppys mommy in Wisconsin