From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:23:33 -0600
Hi everyone
My name is Rachel and I've just joined this list.  I'm a college student
and I have a ferret named Illura Jade, a very pretty, very sweet little
sable female about 9 months old.  I have a few questions to start out
with...

For one, does anyone know of a ferret shelter in northeast Wisconsin?  I'm
looking into getting a second fuzzy and the pet stores around here don't
really know what they're talking about.  Continuing along that line, what
is the best way to introduce two ferrets?  Illura is great with other
animals ("plays well with others")-- I have an 85-pound golden retriever
at home and they are the best of friends-- and she gets lonely when there's
no one around.

On to my next question: how do you stop an incorrigible rubber chewer?
Actually it's not all rubber, just the little bumpers on the ZIP drive.
I've tried bitter apple, but I think she's been cultivating a taste for the
stuff behind my back.  Most recently I tried tabasco sauce, which seemed
promising, but she sniffed, sneezed once, and went right on chewing.  She
is very determined!  Thankfully, she hasn't gotten any bits off to swallow,
just a lot of teeth marks.  Right now she's playing in the closet and
silent, so I better go see what she's gotten into!  Thanks in advance,
and sorry so long,

Rachel and Illura the closet monster