From:
Jill Brumley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:42:48 EST
I posted the poem, and will be glad to send a copy to whomever is
interested. I didn't write it, just found it. Here is another quote
that I am very fond of;

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them
better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,
whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives
valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is
not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive
to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who
spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the
triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least
he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with
those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt quotes
http://thinkexist.com/quotes/theodore_roosevelt/
American
http://thinkexist.com/nationality/american_authors/
26th US President
http://thinkexist.com/occupation/famous_presidents/
(1901-09), 1858
http://thinkexist.com/birthday/october_27/
 -1919
http://thinkexist.com/birthday/january_6/

Just another bunch of words, but it says it better than I ever could.

Jill and the Paws to the Wall Gang