From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:22:55 -0500
Hello again.

There seems to be a lot of posts lately on ferrets sneezing.  I am getting
in that one too.  Our Nikki started having sneezing convulsions (this means
not just the odd sneeze here and there or a sneezing fit but her whole body
just jumps around and she is also very vocal - whimpering and almost
crying).  The odd time she just has a mild sneezing "fit" but occasionally
has this sneezing convulsion.  In between these fits she plays etc.  just
like normal.  We can't see anything up her nose.  We can't find any bugs
(when she reacted to the bug a while back it was a totally different scene).
We cleaned and disinfected her bed, litter pan, bedding etc.  and she is
still periodically sneezing.  So far it is only 10:00 in the morning on Wed.
I am home all day today and we will certainly keep close watch on her.  Does
anyone have any clues as to what it could be?  Her nostrils seem clear but
they are so tiny, there could easily be something in there.  She seems to be
resting comfortably now.  She must be very tired after such activity.  Cam
has a cold but it peaked and broke almost two weeks ago.  Could she possibly
have a cold too?  I started Nikki on Chlor Palm (antibiotic) this morning in
case but it may be the wrong thing to give her.  I'm sure like human
medicine, one medicine doesn't fit all diseases.

Thanks for your help once again.
Tryntje, Cam, Tawny, and the crew of nine fuzzies.