From:
sandra robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:45:05 -0500
see any kids at petstores with nasty poops & prolapsed rear ends? I
have had 3 people to call me tonight concerning this. All from
different places.

A lady in Valdosta, Ga calls stating she had a very young ferret given
to her that had been purchased by someone else in Tx at a Petco. It had
nasty stools & was returned to Petco where itr recieved vet care for
Giarrdia. Then was returned to the lady whom bought it. This lady gave
it to another less than a week after it had seen vet & been released.
This is the lady whom called me, asking for help with this ferret. It
still is having loose, watery stools, prolapsed rectum. I told her to
see a vet ASAP.

Then was talking to a friend whom stated the she saw 3 kits in a
petstore where she lives with the same thing.

And last was a man, calling from PBC, about some kits with nasty,
smally poos & red bottoms. Very sickly looking.

Is there something going on here we shelters & ferret lovers need to
know about?

I know that Victoria, is one sick little girl. She is the one I got in
from a 14 yr old girl whom purchased this ferret on Dec 14/07. From a
breeder, /vet/vet tech operation in the Fl panhandle. Person said it
was a male but penis is missing, so we;ll call it a female. Former
owner had named the ferret Dracula. And yes, they name fit rather well.
She bit me plenty.

She has seen 3 vets since leaving Fl. She ate part of a sock was told
by former owner, but no blockage as per x-rays by 3 vets. What she does
have is a spinal injury from what? A very bad infection from a botched
descenting. She had a prolapsed rectum, had surgery for that, but
continues to have very bad diaherria. Yes, we've had her tested for
everything. She sees one or the other of 2 vets every week. And she is
on a special diet with no chicken in it. She was just 10 ozs when I got
her. Now she is 1. 2#'s. But we still are fighting to save this baby.
She is so weak, she doesn't do anything but eat whan I serve it &
sleep. She is just 5 mths old.

God Bless, Sandi

Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter
http://fuzzyslave.tripod.com
Dothan, Al
334-899-7967
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice