From:
"Michelle P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 1994 13:30:42 -0400
Hi all,

Its another sweltering day in Ohio, we're expecting to go over 90 degrees
today, and there's no relief in sight, the humidity level is high enough to
take a bath in.

For those of us who are unfortunate enough NOT to have an airconditioner,
here is another cheap trick for keeping the fuzzies cool and comfortable.

What you do is to save the little plastic pop bottles with the screw on tops,
fill them up with water about 1 1/2 inches from the lip, put the caps back on
and freeze them.

Then you wrap them in a towel or put them in a zipper type pillow- case and
give it to each of your fuzzies. It really cools them down, and helps them
stay comfortable in the heat. One bottle will stay cold for about 4 hours.
 Its cheap, and it works.

Also what can be used are those freezer packs, made to be inserted into your
lunch cooler. Their made of hard plastic, and are flat.

What ever you use be sure that its wrapped, so that the ferrets won't get too
cold, especially their feet. All my ferrets hate having their feet touch
anything cold or wet!

Hope this helps some, Take care all, hugs to the ferrets.

Michelle and The MASKeteers:-)