Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:45:31 -0500
My Petey has insulinoma and is approx. 6 yrs old.  He is on .2 ml of
diazoxide and 1mg of pred twice a day.  My vet is saying that this is the
max.  I read different articles online and get confused by amounts given
by doctors in different articles.  One states "add diazoxide at the rate
of 5 mg/ferret twice daily".  I love my vet, but want to double check
that there isn't more that we can do for my Petey.  Those of you that
have ferrets on diazoxide, please tell me what dosage you give.  Thanks
so much for your help.

Angie