From:
"Tracy C @ Metro Ferret" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:50:44 -0400
If anyone is trying to contact Metro Ferret, the best way is to send an
e-mail to [log in to unmask]  Your e-mail will be addressed by one of
the board members.  One of them should be in town at all times, with the
exception of days when events like the Ferret Symposium are held.  We are
all working adults, and we all travel quite a bit.

If you are trying to reach Metro by calling the telephone number on the
old brochure, if you do not leave a message, you will not get a call
back.  If you do leave a message, the information will be put into an
e-mail and sent to [log in to unmask], and one of the board members
will respond.

Unfortunately, it can take me up to several days to check my telephone
messages due to my work schedule.  I am no longer on the Metro Board, but
I am aware that for 3+ years my telephone number has been on the club
flyer.  On occasion, I do work overseas for extended periods of time.  I
will, of course, forward your telephone information to the board upon my
return.

If you are looking for information regarding ferrets, the Metro Web site
has loads of informational brochures that you can download, which are
identical to anything that we would mail you.
http://metroferret.com/flyers.htm .  There is also plenty of information
at www.ferretcentral.org.

If you are looking for a ferret vet in the NY/NJ area, we keep a list of
those vets that our members have used and recommend:
http://metroferret.com/area_vets.htm

If you are looking to surrender a ferret, Metro is not a shelter.  We
work with shelters that apply for club sponsorship, and remain in good
standing, to help them with the ferrets.  Right now, most of the shelters
are full, and there is a surrender waiting list that is growing by the
day.  Most of the Metro club members are full with fosters as well.  We
can offer suggestions to help you find a good home for your ferret, and
we can list your ferret on petfinder.com if you are in our area and your
ferret is tested as ADV negative, and is up to date on it's vaccinations.
We will require Medical Records, a bio, and photos.  Again, you can
contact [log in to unmask] for help with this.

If you are looking to adopt, well, there we can help you, if you are a
qualified home, and are over the age of 18.  All you have to do is fill
out an adoption application, and we will forward it to the shelter and
foster homes closest to you for consideration.  After that, the shelters
or foster homes will contact you directly to arrange an appointment.
http://metroferret.com/Adoption_application.htm

All in all, I apologize if anyone called and did not leave a message, and
I did not call you back.  When the machine says 'Please leave a message',
If you do, we will get back to you as soon as we are able.

Please cross post, if you are so inclined.  Thank you for your attention
and courtesy.

Tracy C.

Web Address:  www.metroferret.com

You can help support our shelters at no cost to you by clicking here:
http://www.iGive.com/MetroFerret

P.S. Yes, If you need to shop, we have one web page that contains all of
our affiliate stores like Wal-Mart, 1-800-Flowers, Yankee Candle, and
Cafe Press.  You will not be able to buy alcohol, tobacco or drugs on our
web site.  We also have The Ferret Store link at the bottom of each page,
and another sub-web page for technology geeks like me who study for tech
certifications.  Since I'm the only one that ever shops at the metro
mall, no one should really have any objections, anyway.  Our web page
is rated G, and we do not allow any corporations to purchase space or
'advertise' on our site.  We receive no support from any tobacco
companies.  I don't have any idea where this came from anyway.  You can
look for yourself if you like: http://metroferret.com/metro_mall.htm