From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:51:20 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=1827

>Took him back to the vet, and the Dr tried to aspirate the lump but it
>was rock hard.  He said his lymph nodes were normal and even the
>ophthalmologist agreed there were no lymph nodes near the lump.  I have
>a friend with a ferret (also one of his patients) who had a similar
>problem and it turned out to be an abcess with Clavamox taking care of
>it.  Bear has been on Clavamox for ten days, and it felt like the lump
>had begun to go down.  Last night, I noticed the lump had swollen a bit
>more and had an additional lump over his left eye.  Still, no change in
>eating or drinking habits and doesn't seem to be in any pain.  There is
>no evidence of any abcess in his ear or gum/teeth area.

Personally, I would be very, very suspicious of this being neoplasia.
Have xrays been done?  I have seen bone cancers present like this - most
recently in my own cat.  The fact that an aspirate was unsuccessful due
to the tissue being very firm is concerning to me.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.