Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:54:31 CDT
Hello all, I was startled greatly by my ferret Guzman.  He had been losing a
little weight lately, but we made special attention to feed him and he
seemed to be gaining the weight back.  When I say special attention, we
thought that maybe the other ferret wouldn't let him eat or something, so we
hand fed him.  Anyways, yesterday when he came out to play at 6:30 pm, he
was SO SKINNY, and kept falling over.  Well, I called the university vet
clinic as it is open 24 hours, but they had no clue about ferrets and said
he was fine.  I bought our other ferret from a breeder in town and I put
Guzman in the car and rushed over there.  This is one of the reasons that I
am looking for homes for my ferrets, I cannot afford to take them to the
vet.  The vets require payment in advance.  We simply cannot do this.
ANyways, the ANGELS that sold the other to us were amazing!!!  They brought
this sick ferret into their house, at the risk of his being contagious, and
GAVE me medicine for him.  They gave him pennicilin and DHEA and melatonin.
I mean gave it to me.  They asked if I had money to take him to a vet, I
said not really, and they took care of it.  I am supposed to take him back
tomorrow for another shot.  They are simply angels.  They said that he had
some viral infection and his stools were bloody so probably an ulcer.  They
gave me some special food for him, and instructions on his care.  His
chances are getting better for survival they said.  When I first brought him
up to them they told me he would't make it through the night.  Now they give
him an 80 percent chance of living.  Just had to let you all know of these
angels that are out there.  They saved Guzmans life.  They are a non-profit,
very private, shelter.  For that reason I will not post their information.
However, someone posted the other day about left-over medicine.  If there is
a shelter near you, donate it to them.  Perhaps they can use it.

By the way.  The ferrets are still up for adoption.  I know that that may
sound horrible as Guzman is sick.  They said it was a viral infection.  Once
he recovers he will never get it again.  I just want him to go to a good
home.

Regina Barrett