From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 10:05:04 -0500
I understand that Margaret is concerned about the survey that was done.
Just to remind everyone, the results are still posted on Toni's and Jim's
Web sites for viewing, and I will be happy to email them to anyone who asks.
Also, you can get them by retrieving old FMLs for the past couple of weeks;
they were all posted here.

To recap, the survey had a list of about 20 choices of destinations, all
submitted by FML-10th list members.  In addition, there was a blank for
"write-in" entries, so that EVERY location that anyone cared to submit could
be considered.  188 people responded to the survey, which allowed people to
pick first, second and third place destination choices.

Since Margaret asked, though, here were the top 20 destinations from the
last survey, and their respective weighted scores:

1.  Boston (83)
2.  Chesapeake Bay Area, MD (76)
3.  Washington DC (72)
4.  Las Vegas (67)
5.  Denver (61)
6.  Lake George, NY (54)
7.  Atlanta (49)
8.  Cruise, East Coast Departure (41)
9.  Tie: New Orleans and Phoenix (36 each)
10. Toronto (35)
11. San Antonio (34)
12. Tie: Sante Fe and Montreal (30 each)
13. Los Angeles (29)
14. Nashville (27)
15. Tie: Smokey Mountains and San Diego (24 each)
16. Tie: San Francisco and Tucson (23 each)

Of course, if you would like to run another survey yourself, please feel
free to do so, and please post the results!

- Ela
    ___     ___
   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   |           |
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483

[Moderator's note: Any discussions of the survey should continue on the
FML-10TH list.  The FML-10TH exists specifically for that purpose.

I note there is some confusion about the latest survey.  For one, it's a
little unclear which year we're planning for.  But, just like the survey
which was taken for the 10th anniversary gathering, one has to draw the
line somewhere.  Ela was kind enough to conduct the survey and she had to
impose a reasonable deadline for responses.  (Even I missed the deadline,
but I can't say I wasn't told about it.)  I think it's best to take note of
objections and suggestions, but to move ahead with planning for the next
gathering based upon information we have.  I would suggest trying to hold
a gathering relatively soon -- in one to two years if we can arrange the
time -- and to make it a point to have the gathering following that one
somewhere other than the East coast.  Even if the East is popular, some
people just can't make it East and we don't want to exclude them.  BIG]