From:
Nigel_potter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:37:15 -0400
Hello all

We have recently moved to Northwest Indiana and are interested in knowing if
there is a problem with ferrets contracting heartworm or not.  And if so,
what kind of prevention should be taken.

I have recently spoke to our Vet and he said that he does not have any
heartworm prevention medication for ferrets, only dogs and cats, and he is
not sure it would work for the ferrets.

If anyone is using heartworm prevention for their ferrets, I would appreciate
it if I could have the name and maker of the medication so that I may ask my
Vet to check into it for me.

Thanks

Nigel Potter