From:
FurpeopleWeyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2010 06:30:15 -0700
This is completely off topic and I'm not sure we can even post it,
but....

A dear friend of mine, Gina, lost her husband to a sudden and
unexpected heart attack two years ago. They are young, in their early
30s and for the 7 years they were married were the madly in love. He
survived two bouts of leukemia and ran marathons in between to help
raise awareness. His heart attack was the result of damage to his
heart from the last bout of chemo.

Needless to say Lance Armstrong has been a source of inspiration to
them. In her husband's Matt's honor, Gina is doing a virtual ride with
Lance and the Radio Shack team as they race through California. Which
ever member of the virtual team who generates the most 'cheers' will
have the honor of Lance riding in that persons name in the up coming
Tour De France. Seeing the race was some thing Matt always wanted to
do but wasn't granted the time.

You 'cheer' by going to the website:
www.livestrongaction.org/bike/Gina-rides-for-matthew-wilk

and clicking.

Matt was a good and kind person, keeping their pets even when hi
doctors discouraged it. He refused to give up any part of his family.
This is an easy and meaningful way to honor some one of honor.

Thanks,
Brenda, Momma to The FurpeopleWeyr
FurpeopleWeyr.com

[Moderator's note: It would be fine to post if the situation was about
an FML subscriber, but yes, this post stretches the "off-topic" a bit.
I'm happy to include it since this FML is relatively short but when an
FML is longer then posts such as these would be dropped. BIG]