From:
Pat Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:13:07 -0700
>California is in a very shaky position.  Please be careful what you
>say in regards to ferrets, and have respect for the programs that are
>already in place.  Hopefully ferrets will be legalized this year, and
>this won't be an issue any longer.

Regarding the above post - there is no chance ferrets will be considered
legal by the state next year.  The current bill, AB647, merely calls for
another study, the exact language:

This bill would require the Secretary of the Resources Agency, in
consultation with the Department of Fish and Game, on or before September
30, 2006, to arrange for the preparation and completion of an initial
study that is based on the best available scientific information to
determine whether a negative declaration, (note: a negative declaration
means ferrets would not harm the environment - we want a negative
declaration) a mitigated negative declaration, or an environmental impact
report is necessary to determine the effects of removing the domestic
ferret from the list of wild animals that are unlawful to import,
transport, possess, or release alive into this state.

California is in a very shaky position.  Its because the bureaucrats are
in control and the people are subservient.

Pat Wright