From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 14:11:32 +0100
Kat wrote:-
>Beats me!  I'm new at this.  I've haven't heard the term "polecat" used to
>describe a fert's coloring here in the States... yet!  <G> On the other
>hand, what else can we expect from a nation that can't spell "color!!" (put
>that gun down!  It was just a joke!!!!) <VBG>

Ummmm - I can see we're going to have problems with the former colonials <g>.
The Romans introduced ferrets to the British Isles around 2000 years ago,
ferrets are comparative newcomers to the U.S. of A.  so if we want to call
our polecat coloured (note correct spelling of coloured!  <g>) ferrets
"polecat ferrets" we're entitled to even if it does make things confusing
for non- ferret and ferret people.  Why make things easy?:-)

BTW we can't use hand guns our "wonderful" Government made us hand 'em all
in, is it OK if we use bows and arrows instead of a gun?

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & National Ferret Welfare Society Newsletter Editor
http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm (Last Update 10 May, 1998)
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troi & Cameron