From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 10:57:30 EDT
First, just wanted to let those know who requested food coupons from me, I
just sent them out.  Hope I was able to help out :)

Now, I'm asking for help :( Just got off the phone with my mom, and my
brother's friend (I can see this getting confusing, heh) needs to find a
home for 2 ferrets ASAP (more on them in a minute).  He purchased them
about 4 months ago, and my mom could tell he wasn't going to be able to
care for them.  So, she mentioned that, if he needed, she would take them
in.  He refused, saying that would not be a possibility *ever*.  Well,
guess what?  He says he's fighting for custody of his kid, and my brother
tells me the kid only feeds them (if that, from what it sounds like) and
gives them water, and wants them gone *now*.  But, my mom just took in 5
ferrets, and with her 4 honestly has no room for 2 more.  So, I'm asking
for help from anyone in MN (everyone involved is in Minneapolis).  If it
comes down to it, my mom has agreed to take them in temporarily.  But
before this happens, we both want to make sure that there is a home out
there that can take them in for good.  From what we know they are about 6
months old, 2 sisters, sables, and have never been to a vet.  I think a
cage is involved, which he says he payed $150-$200 for.  Right now I don't
know how much he is asking, if anything.  If the ferrets go to my mom
first, they will be given to her for free.  Now, if he wants money, and a
home is lined up *before* they go to my mom, I guess he gets money for
them.  Sorry if I'm making no sense.  :( But if we can work it out, my mom
will take them in, no money involved, and will go to a *good* home for
free.  That's all I know right now, and if people email me with interest
in helping out, I will give you more info then.  Please, please, triple
please, if you can help out, or know of someone who can, please email me.
He is threatening at this point to take them to the Humane Society or have
them destroyed (which makes no sense if he's mostly interested in the money
aspect, but oh well....).  My mother wants to help out, but two more in her
bunch is really not a possibility (she's at her ferret limit).  I would
take them, but I'm in NY :(   So, if I haven't really confused the heck out
of you, and you can help, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks for reading all of this!  Take care!
Jaymi, Spencer, and the 7 Fur Covered Slinkies
RIP Bubba, Bear, Kirby, and Oppie (ferts) and Bo (the dog/fert-wannabe)