From:
Stephanie Bass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 10:52:19 -0500
Hello everybody,

I have a couple of questions and then I wanted to let you know about a
great product I just bought for my fuzzies.

1) I have "Ferrets for Dummies" and read the part about ear mites.  I
did not find it all too helpful for the questions I have so I am coming
directly to you.  First of all, how can you tell?  The book says a dark
brown build-up and feverish itching.  They, my babies, are not feverishly
itching... but they are itching.  But I am confused, because when I took
Penelope to the adoption clinic to pick up Abe, the generous folks at
GCFA cleaned out her ears to show me how... and they didn't mention that
she might have ear mites.  Regardless I am taking her to the vet ASAP.

Is there anything I can do NOW besides clean her, and Abe's, ears?  In
addition, what kind of long term affects can become of this?  ALSO, can
I get ear mites from them?

2) When calling around checking for vet prices, I came across a clinic,
one my friend referred me to, and I asked about Distemper Shots and how
much they charge... well, the folks told me that they don't do distempers
for ferrets and that they have a brochure on why they don't... does anyone
have any clue why they wouldn't?  I am going to pick up this brochure
shortly and fins out.

3) I just bought the Drinkwell Fountain for my babies and it did just
what I wanted... provides fresh cool water all day and nite and they are
drinking a lot more!  It is obvious because the litter pan is more soaked
than usual... A MUST for Ferret owners.  It is rather on the big side...
so this should prob be kept outside the cage.  They can't tip it either...
too heavy.

4) Any ideas to keep my babies entertained when we are not home?  They
have a ton of plush toys and balls and tubes.  But they are on free roam
24/7.  Any ideas?  Playhouses?

Sorry so long,
I tried to keep it short,
Stephanie and my babies