From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:11:06 EDT
Hi Risa

You will probably get lots of good advice on flooring to use for hind
leg weakness in ferrets...which we all could have occur in one of ours.

I use the flooring that is used in schools.  It can be dull and not
slippery...the way it comes.  Or you can put down 3 coats of polish
that stays on for months...except where the ferrets are pooping.
Those areas need retouching.

I also have hall rugs that I get at Home Depot for very low price for
flooring for the guys in the winter, or when I have one or more with
Hind leg weakness.

The tile is cheap, yet if scuffed, it still has color underneath.  The
movie theaters here are using it in red and yellow, put on a slant.  It
is colorful, safe, non slippery, and good for a ferret room.  I also have
it in the halls and kitchen.  You can find it at Home Depot or Menards.
There are a number of colors to chose from.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have put it down on a slant,
and mixed two colors.  It has small flex of other colors, so it hides
bits of kitty litter and dirt nicely.