From:
"Nelson, Debra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 11:20:51 -0500
I have posted before but it has been a while.  I have two ferrets, Reuben
and Gyro.  Gyro has gotten sick.  I took her to the vet and they did blood
work and X-rays.  They have not found anything.  The vet gave me something
to give to her for her diarrhea.  The first problem is that the pill is very
bitter.  The second problem is that Gyro is not eating or drinking anything,
not even her favorites.  How can I get her to take it?  I have filled her
water bottle with Pedia-Lite but she is not drinking it.  I have droppers
but I can not get her to take anything.  Last night I just sat there and
cried because it became such a fight.  She finely just went limp in my lap
and gave up but I felt awful.  She is just all bones.  I know I will have to
take her to get fluids soon if she does not start eating and drinking.  Does
anyone know of anything else that I can do.  I am just at my wits end.  I
don't know what I will do if anything happens to her I love her so much but
worst of all I don't know what will happen to Reuben her sister.  Reuben has
always had Gyro.  For just the day while Gyro was at the vet's to have the
tests run Reuben did not eat or drink anything all day.  Reuben has been
right by her side to comfort her through all of this.  Please if anyone has
any suggestions E-mail them right to me... dnelson@hayes.com...

Thank You sooooo much for your help,

Debra