From:
"Glenn, Jenni, BMG - NY1540" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:24:51 -0500
Well...I had a horrible morning today!  I was taking Zep to the vet to get
some more blood work done because he has been a little lethargic lately and
while I was putting him in the carrier, Oso came racing down the ramp from
the top level of their cage (he wanted to go bye-bye with Zep and was very
upset that he wasn't going), caught his nail in the wire, SCREAMED at the
top of his lungs and managed to rip the entire nail out of his paw.  Blood
was everywhere!  I was so upset!  I raced (literally...90 mph) to the vet,
he cauterized (sp?) the wound and Oso seems to be okay.  I needed to leave
him there just in case.  I had to go to work and I would have never forgiven
myself if something happened to him during the day and he started bleeding
again.  I'm going back to pick him up tonight after work.  I felt just
horrible leaving him there, but I thought it was the best thing for him.
His nails were just trimmed a week ago and this has never happened before,
but I want to stop it from happening again.  Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I can "cover" my cage ramps?  Please let me know.
Also, on another sad note, my little Zep has insulinoma.  His blood sugar
is 60 (doc said normal is anywhere from 80 to 110) and the doc just put him
on PediaPred.  He said it's in the "beginning stages," but does anyone know
what I can do to prolong his life and/or keep from getting full blown
insulinoma?  Is there anything I can do?  What are his chances to live many
more happy, healthy years?  Also, does anyone have any good duck soup
recipes?  Something relatively easy to make...I'm not much of a cook ; )
LOL Thanks!

Jenni
Oso "Owwwww!  Momieeeee!  I hurt my foot!!!!"
Zep "What's insulinoma?  Can I still have raisins??!!"
Ozzy "What's all the fuss about?"