From:
"S.HEWETT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:50:49 +1100
I posted a while ago about Gerry's Twinkie who had stopped eating and was
becoming increasingly lethargic.

Terri, thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately Twinkie died 3 days later.  Autopsy showed a fungal infection
in the lungs.  Another of Gerry's ferrets, Scruff, came down with the same
symptoms and in the absence of any report from the pathologist at that
stage, the vet administered Oxytetracyclin 40 mg IMI with Depomodral 4mg.
Two days later, Scruff was eating like a beauty and active once more.
Neither ferret had a cough or showed any other symptoms.

Any Australian ferret owners may find this information useful if they are
dealing with a mystery illness.

Cell cultures and drug sensitivity tests are being done now and if anybody
wants more info, I will be happy to share as soon as I get a copy of the
report.

All the best,
Shirley
Western Australia.