From:
Norine Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:10:51 -0500
The Greater Chicago Ferret Association (GCFA) club meeting is Friday,
April 14, 2000 at 7:30pm.  During the meeting Dr. Richard Nye of Midwest
Bird and Exotic Animal Hospital in Westchester has volunteered to give a
speech on Aleutians Disease Virus (ADV).  He is the GCFA shelter
Veterinarian.  As many of you know, the doctors at Midwest Bird and Exotic
Animal Hospital are very knowledgeable regarding our fuzzy critters.  The
meeting is located in Riverside, Illinois.  This is a suburb of Chicago and
is near Brookfield Zoo.  It is held inside the Riverside Town Hall.  The
exact address is 27 Riverside Rd., Riverside, IL 60546.  The building is
next to the Fire Department.  For anyone wishing to attend, you can email
me and I will give you directions.  You do not have to be a member of GCFA
to attend the meeting.  It is open to the general public.  During the
meeting we are also holding our annual election.

I will now introduce myself.  I have been lurking for quite a while.  I
live with 14 furry, funny, feisty, frisky, felicific, fantastic and
fabulous ferrets.  I have had approximately 20 other ferrets come in and
out of my life since 1987.  Many of my current residents are fosters, as
well as the ones that have reached the rainbow bridge.  My ferrets have
free roam.  I could not live any other way.  It is such a pleasure when one
of them will climb up on the bed, give kisses and then cuddle.  I can't get
mad at the ones that crawl under the covers and give that gentle little nip
at my feet.  This is how they have trained me to get up and give them a
treat.

Norine