From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:26:03 -0700
I wonder what others think of Mazuri ferret food.  I put a little in my
mix of mostly TF.  The stuff is sooo greasy, and the third ingredient is
the all-encompassing "animal fat preserved with BHA."

Also, how can I make a maintenace food from turkey only?  I have a
boy that continues to have soft or ploppy stools, has had various
antibiotics.  So I want to see if he's allergic to chicken, which is in
everything.  I made a kind of turkey gravy based on Bob C.'s chicken
gravy.  I left out the TF kibble and all other kibble but added a cup of
baby food rice cereal to give it a little subtance.  Turkey bones are
still quite hard even after pressure cooking for 40 minutes so not all
the bones got in the batch.  What about the fat content needed?  I've
been using lard to supply the one cup of fat in the chicken gravy.

Since that is not protein would that count as a potential allergen?  any
recipes would be appreciated.

Caol Owens,
Tucson