From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:10:37 -0400
I was asked why I now think that "Ferrets" is doing a good job.  It's
because I had set specific goals that had to be reached for such a
qualification.  The current editorial team meets those goals, unlike any
past editorial team, so the situation has altered very positively.  I will
not go so far as to say that I think that this equates to continued fine
journalism if the current team is ever lost, because my experiences in the
past cause me to doubt that will automatically happen with this publisher,
but it shows that it is possible, and that we ferret folks are not in the
least out of line when we expect accuracy, a commitment to ferrets (such
as the support shelters are getting), and other reasonable goals.  To not
say that the goals have been met when they actually have would have been
illogical and unfair.  Hopefully, the publisher will realize that it has
a winning editorial combination which has created a publication that is
far batter than at any time in its past, will reward that, maintain that,
and use it as its new gold standard.