From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:08:10 -0500
It being year end and all, there have been a few questions about what
is or is not a tax-deductible donation to a shelter. Basically, you
need to donate to S.O.S. for something to be tax deductible. That is
all our 501(c)3 covers. If you donate directly to a shelter, that is
not tax deductible unless they have their own 501(c)3.

What you can do is donate to us and tell us where you want your
donation to go. That is as good as donating to a shelter (except
for the delay) because we never deduct costs or PayPal fees. Every
penny you specify will go where you want it to go.

It is permitted for shelters to use our 501(c)3 for fundraising. For
example, they can do a fundraiser at PetSmart or PetCo under our
umbrella. Then that organization sends the money raised to us and we
send it to the shelter.

Thank you so much for all you do for the shelters and the ferrets!

Blessings,
Judith White
President and Treasurer

~~~~~ Support Our Shelters ~~~~~
        100 Walsh Road
        Lansdowne, PA 19050
        610-626-6647

Helping the Shelters of the Ferret Mailing List
         www.SupportOurShelters.org

Ask me how you can help a shelter near you.

Tax-Deductible Donations through PayPal to:
   501(c)3 non-profit  Tax ID: 23-3062176