From:
Steve & Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 20:54:37 EDT
Ah, cantaloupe, except for hubby Steve all here love it, plus I smile to
reflect upon marriage consultant, Melonie Cantaloupe.

Finally got around to reading about a week's posts today and saw the Jerry
Garcia tribute.  Way to go!  (I sent out some Loving Handful a few days back
and today.) With a few more ferret groups we could host a festival!  What
should we name it?  Ferrets Would Stock Raisins?  Naw, too long.

On a somber note: we almost lost our close to 7 year old Meltdown when they
got their shots despite prophylaxis (2 types) and several post- collapse
measures.  She just reacts too badly to ever have them again.  Ruffle's rxs,
on the other hand were fully controlled through prophylaxis.  The other 4
have no such problems.

Cheryl -- equating genetics and evolution with geekdom?  Shame!  Multi
shame!  1.  There are those who actually are good enough to be called
computer geeks here.  (I'm married with one.) 2.  Those with interests
related to genetics and evolution not only study truly fun stuff, but also
get to adventure prospecting and studying critters in the wild.

Never have I heard a racoon use such chatter as on Beast Master.  Of
course, I only raised 2 and was semi-adopted by another.  (There IS such a
thing as variation) 'Course, in movies they seem to always use chimp fear
grins to simulate pleasure and rarely put the right noises with primates,
or stick gibbon sounds in Central America.  Arrrrrggggghhhhh!

Years ago we had another's retired breeder join our family after a mounting
male sunk a canine into one of her eyes.  (It still saw light and dark
afterward.) Hale (from Haleakala) loved joining us in bed and we were so
proud of how she controlled herself.  Then it came time to move and guess
what we found?  She'd get up while we slept, hang her rear over the edge of
the bed and drop them between the bed and the wall!  (Now you know what we
found!).  Of course, this is the same ferret who normally worshiped Steve,
but got annoyed with him one day, made eye contact, then rapidly flipped
around, brought up her tail and turded on his foot!  (Hale's the one who
tried to yodel along with one of our PHC recordings, was enraptured by the
singing of Jean Redpath, and used to hold 10 minute intense 'conversations'
with Steve, and who named Steve "Mkkk' and me 'Phtttt', using the names
consistently till she passed away (of Sjogren's complications -- truly a
rare thing for a ferret at a quite advanced age).)

        Ogre moved mousies
        Ferrets so aggravated
        Have to stash again

                Sukie