From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:07:51 -0400
At 7:45 Wednesday morning, Cyan's kits were removed from their nest
box. I was fortunate to be watching the web cam at that time, and I
can vouch for ferret keeper Lawrence Layman's comment to me:

>Just for the record they were the worst group to catch. They were
>very uncooperative rowdy bunch.

 :-)

All 6 kits are now on their way to Colorado. Aqua will be bred there in
the spring, and the other 5 (Sky, Sapphire, Cobalt, Indigo and Navy)
are going into the conditioning pens before release later this fall.

Cyan had her first undisturbed nap in 3 1/2 months! She was moved
indoors later in the day as the outdoor pens will be used for the AI
and one year olds to be bred in the spring. Cyan will be bred naturally
next year.

By the way, I was asked a while ago how large the outdoor enclosures
were. Lawrence told me the smallest ones were about 14' square.

A new ferret will be put on camera tomorrow evening.

Linda