From:
"Dylan A. Nickels" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:34:17 -0500
Hello all,
my name is Dylan, Son of Ron or [log in to unmask] I am 13, and I have
owned a ferret since christmas 96, and his name is Loki.  He is an
icredible ferret unlike anyother.  By normal ferret standards, he should be
dead at least 400 times over.  This ferret continually dines on foam which
he finds in our garrage.  "How does he get into our garage?" one might ask.
We leave the door from the outside of the garage open, and he enters it
from the outside.  "How does he get outside?" one might ask.  We let him
outside (intentionaly) in full knoledge that he will be able to find his
way back to the glass door when we call him to come inside.  He hates all
other ferrets.  He is calm, even docile.  He is suffering from
waterballoonbellyitis.  (as my dad once put it.) This disease causes
ferrets' bellies and makes them similair to you guessed it, a water
balloon.  We took him to the vet who decided that it was a liquid and
therefor decided to extract some of the liquid from him.  After running
some tests on the milky substance, the vet infromed my father and I that it
was one of two things:

1. Loki had a heart problem, and if he was given medication, could live up
to a year (this is the better one) or

2. He has widespread cancer and would live anywhere from 5 days to 3 months.

Both of the possibilities will prove fatal at one point or another, and I
shall miss him very much.  He is 4 years old, very sweet (towards humans)
and up to his last dyin' day can hold his own up against the other two
ferrets.  He is very wide around the waist and is a dark sable.  Any Social
support you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Your's truly, son of Rnickels,
[log in to unmask] <Dillman>