From:
Denise Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:45:37 -0400
Hi folks--
I've been catching up on the FML, and I didn't realize that I would start
such a spirited debate with my post about pennyroyal, rue and tansy.  I
wasn't suggesting that these be used on your ferrets.  In fact, I much
prefer to deter pests before they ever enter the house, so was really just
suggesting they be grown *outside* around the house.  This is the same
reason I bought the type of ant trap that goes outside (our house sits
practically on the property line, so no room for flowers, etc on that side).
Also, keeping the boys food dishes away from outside walls of the house
(especially under or near windows) seemed to help with ants-- they couldn't
smell a good reason to come in, I guess.

denise