From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:48:30 -0700
Just wanted to let everyone know that we had more ferrets come in since
the new year.

Three to be exact.

2 we picked up last Friday (Happy Birthday to me!).  They are 9 months
old males.  They are also HUGE and very wonderful ferrets.  Sweet and get
along with other ferrets.  Rocky is a dark sable and Tank is a cinnamon.
We would like to see them adopted together but as long as they go to a
home with other ferrets than that would be ok.  They don't seem bonded
since they have been here.  They love to snuggle with all ferrets and
play with everyone.  We got them from an owner in Tucson, AZ.  He just
didn't have the time for them anymore and wanted them to be in a home
where they could get the love and attention that they needed.  They were
well taken care of.

The third one was the one that bothers me.  I was at work when he was
dropped.  Shawn was home....so here is what happened.  Shawn opens the
door and a "kid" about 20 is standing there with a back-pack.  The kid
asks "you all take ferrets don't you?".  Shawn said yes and he reached
into his bag and pulled out this little sable ferret with a harness
attached.  He said that he was watching it for a friend that deployed and
now the friend doesn't want it and he doesn't want it.  He went to walk
off and Shawn had to stop him and ask him if he had ANY information on
the ferret.  All he knew was that it was a male, around 6 months old.
Then he left.  I came home about 15 minutes later to see this little
bundle of joy running around the house.  I took his collar off - which we
will NOT put back on him because it looks as though he has worn it steady
for his whole short life.  He is really scared and his name Twitch suits
him well.  He is healthy though.  Small for a male but just think he will
be a small boy.  Shawn did thank the kid for bringing him to us and not
just dumping him like we see so many times with dogs and cats.  We are
thankful to have him here with us and he is doing a lot better now.  I
don't think he was use to being in a cage though and has a hard time at
night adjusting to it.  He gets along well with other ferrets and seems
to love playing with the new Rocky.

I have pictures of the ferrets up on our site if you want to take a look
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz

On the "up side" we adopted out 2 ferrets to two different wonderful
homes in the last two weeks.

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz