From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:35:34 EDT
Well my computer is still broke, I guess it needs reformating, so I'll
fix it when I can.  Now I have to spend money on more important things.
My email is about the only thing thats works!

Welll, Drag is home and happy about it!  He is still very lethargic and
sleeps alot more than he did before.  We are going to do more blood work
next week to triple check everything.  He is dribbling pee from him new
hole, but he is still filling up.  so I'll still be squeezing him.  They
is nothing more we can do for him, he has undergone as many surgeries as
he posibley can.  We can still do blood transfusions as needed.  He is
on 4 different meds daily, 3 of they for the rest of his life.

We brought him swimming as Dr. K suggested and that went over like a box of
rocks.  He just laid there and would have sunk if I wasn't holding him!  We
though this would be a good way for him to lose weight and move those rear
legs a little but its not happening.  On to plan B, what ever that may be!

Well due to the over crowding here at the shelter, we are not going to be
able to take in any more ferrets until some homes are found.  This pains me
as I know some will end up in places they need not be at.  I will try to
take in any cases where the ferret needs medical attention, but again that
will be hard as our vet bill is very high and as much as I hate to admit
this they are using cat litter because I can;t afford to use our regular
litter right now.

We have 8 ferrets needing Lupron shots right now that will have to wait.
Also I can not do any boarding at this time either.

I spend all day yesterday looking for a job, but all the positions I
applied for were already filled or I wasn't qualified.  But I'm hoping
someone will call.

SAt, July 14th we wil have a one day yard sale in the heat!  Call if you
can come by, 876-8224.  We also need yard sale donations.

i have many cages that I'm selling very cheap.

I also have a 5yr old Chinese Crested dog that is great with ferrets and
other animals up for adoption. He is wonderful.

As california needs people to get involved to help pass the ferret
leagalization issue, I need more local people here to help out to keep the
shelter doors open.  I don;t want to have to post that the shelter will
close, this will not only hurt Las Vegas ferrets, but all the ferrets that
come from California that I will not be able to take in.  BTW, Cal ferrets
will have to still be taken in at this point if they are in danger of
euthanasia.  So Vegas folks if your reading this and have never helped the
shelter before, now is the time to see what you can do, any little bit
helps, clipping nails, cage cleaning, etc.

Ther are some other reasons for our over population but i won't post them
on the list, if you need to know contact me personally and I'll tell you.

Take care all you great folks.
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter