From:
Jodie Bohlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 11:45:58 EDT
I'm not quite sure how many ferrets it takes to make a business, but I
think I may have one in my house, now.  It began like many cases of ferret
math.  I saw information on the FML about a ferret in my state who needed a
home.  I wasn't actually going to get her, just call and see how far away
she was, just to know, just.  .  .you know.  She was sitting in a city
animal pound only about an hour and half away from my home.  How could I
just leave her there?  She might get stressed out.  She might get sick.
She might be killed.  Or they might send her home with someone like her
former owners, who knew nothing about ferrets and weren't willing to learn,
so they dropped her off at the pound.  I knew what I had to do.

After a long drive, mostly in the rain, I excitedly brought my new family
member into the house.  There was a message on my answering machine.  My
parents had been given (you guessed it) a ferret from someone who found
it abandoned by some former renters.  So as soon as I finish with some
"business" I need to take care of here, it's off on another long drive to
my folks to pick up this little guy.  Or girl.  We're not sure.  My mom
said it's huge (so I'm thinking boy), but she couldn't find anything in
the "business" end of the critter that looked male, so maybe it's a just a
big girl.  I can't wait to meet her!

So, now I'm wondering. . .do four young lady ferrets make a business?  Or
do you need five?  Or, does there have to be a mixture of males and
females.  I'm just curious.  I did learn something interesting, though.  I
thought that ferret math was just that uncontrollable urge to get more
ferrets after one discovers how wonderful they are.  But now I know better!
Another part of ferret math is that once the universe knows that you are a
ferret lover, ferrets will find their way to you, regardless of what you
do.  I'm glad.

Jodie plus four