From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:09:51 -0700
It's easy to make accusations, and to file complaints. This instance
isn't talking about a pattern of years, it centers on one incident that
she was accused of doing this Spring. And, on the contrary, I know of
many incidents where medical professionals have their ability to
practice suspended before there is any formal proceeding. In this case,
there has been NO such proceeding. This vet has never had a chance to
present her evidence, and her information about what really happened.
She was simply accused, and on that basis, her license was suspended.
After a formal hearing, a real determination will be made. Making
claims that she's been misusing drugs for years is beyond preposterous.
I've been working with her day to day for years, running a shelter
which was until recently located IN HER CLINIC. I personally never
witnessed anything to indicate misuse of any kind of drugs.

Yes, in this country the system is "innocent until proven guilty".
That doesn't make Cathy some OJ. It's a ridiculous assertion. If
someone came at any shelter with unfounded accusations of animal abuse,
everyone would be clamoring "innocent until proven guilty", right?

I know of no person who has dedicated more of her life to the welfare
of ferrets than Cathy has. She has saved countless ferrets that I've
witnessed, and I have never ever seen her put anything above the
welfare of the ferret she's treating. She puts in as many hours, MANY
of them unpaid, as most shelter operators that I know of. On the basis
of an accusation from someone who wanted to tarnish her reputation, her
life has been turned upside-down. That's the part of all this which is
unfair and which I hate.

I don't know what happened between Susan and Cathy, but it does not
bear on this topic, and your description of the situation is absolutely
ad odds with every encounter I've ever had with her treatment of
animals, and following proper protocol. I wonder what her description
of the situation would be if she were allowed to discuss your case in
public. Oh right. You are protected from the doctor discussing your
case in public, while there is no similar protection for the doctor.

Kevin Farlee