From:
Lori Crosland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:46:10 EDT
I have not posted in about a year.  I had seven ferrets until 11 pm
tonight.  My 3 year old died of adrenal gland disease.  Even surgery
would not have given him a chance.

I had to post this poem to my dear Hocus:

My Dear Hocus,
Words can't possibly say how much I am going to miss you and how sorry I
am that I did not catch your disease sooner.  I could have and would have
saved you if I had been more aware.  I am so sorry.

The day I picked you was full of joy,
You were mommies' little boy.
So full of life and ready to play,
You became mine that special day.

I brought you home and held you tight,
You slept in my lap the very first night.
With Pocus by your side, that night, I vowed
I would give you the most of me that God allowed.

I gave you the best home I possibly could,
And brought home brothers, in fact - the whole neighborhood.
The seven of you were so fun to watch,
But you were my number 1 guy, Top Notch!

Your favorite toys, were the ones that squeaked,
When you stole them away, my happiness peaked.
The war dance you did made me smile ear to ear,
And Hocus, I just wish you were still here.

I would give you the cheweasles and you would stash them away,
I'd find them all in the hammock on cleaning day.
You were the finicky one that would only eat certain foods,
But you brightened my days, when I was in my bad moods.

Hocus, I'll miss you and love you forever,
Your spirit will be with all of us, in your brothers, we are together.

Love,
Mommy