From:
Marta -Cricket-Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:54:37 -0000
Morning Folks,
I am writing because of my little Simon.  He seems to be loosing weight...
more than typical summer weight.  I took him into the vet about 3 weeks
ago, and he told me to watch him and gave me some "growth promoting"
food...needless to say, our cats liked it more than he did, and we have
a fat cat now.  I started feeding Simon Duck soup and it fattened him up
some, however I noticed it settled more in his shoulders than in his hips
were he was so thin.  He acts perfectly fine, and still runs up and down
the hall playing with his sister and the cats.  A few days ago I was
checking his tail for blackhead (none) and some hair came out of his
tail...now it seems he is loosing more.  Now I'm freaked out about Adrenal.

Can anyone tell me other symptoms of Adrenal, and what to watch for...
I've seen pictures of ferrets who have lost tons of hair, and they made
it through surgery with flying colors...anything you can tell me would
be great.  I'm worried, and I'm not sure if I should be yet.

Thanks, Marta

"Come see our unique ferret designs.  T-shirts, greeting cards and many
other gift ideas.  Look for us at http://www.miners-peak.com or
http://www.theferretstore.com in the "stuff for people" section"