From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 03:29:50 -0500
I've avoided commenting on much of what is now going on in and around the
FML.  There have been posts calling the subscribers a family.  I think the
list is too big for that.  There have been more and more posts about ferrets
that have died.  I do sympathize with those who have lost ferrets.  I don't
mind short announcements particularly about those that have been mentioned
many times in the FML.  I also understand the concern that it is getting too
morbid.  It it getting heavy with mention of "rainbow bridge" as if now it
is not permissible to use dead or died but only "passed over rainbow
bridge".  A point made but perhaps missed is that these death notices are a
bit heavy for the newly subscribed list members.  We don't need to bury new
subscribers who are looking for a source of information with too many long
posts about deaths.  Weren't many people recently complaining about the
length the FML is attaining?

I fully expect nasty emails, some directed to me and many many more directed
behind my back.  This unfortunately seems to be becoming a problem with the
FML community.  A while back I posted something telling people to pay more
attention to the recommendations of veterinarians than lay folk especially
me.  Someone took great offense to that and started a campaign of nasty
emails to me though I think that was an accident.  I believe the intended
recipients were other folks in this tight group that seem to think only
their view of ferrets is correct.  I was accused of sexual deviancy and
stupid untrue unethical procedures.  A rather strange reaction to my
belittling my own importance.  I definitely challenge these folks to prove
any of their accusations.  An easy challenge to make since it would be
impossible to prove something that didn't happen.

I make quite a bit effort in regards to my own personal integrity.  One's
own integrity is the only thing that can not be taken away - it can only be
thrown away.  I did not appreciatebeing the victim of libel and illegal wire
fraud and sent a request for an apology.  It of course was ignored.  Instead
I have been threatened with a lawsuit if any natural or man-made disaster
causes any harm to come because my email somehow prevent this group from
performing its self-appointed duties of protecting ferrets.

I did not mention the names of those who are spreading lies about me for no
reason.  I will let anyone who sends email know who in this community in my
opinion cares more for there own self importance than the laws of this
country and the truth.  I do not tolerate bullies and liars.

So far I have received no anonymous hate mail.  But a point of information
for those who send and those who receive.  I can track down senders of
anonymous posts.  It isn't actually very hard.

It is really a shame that many of those who claim to be "in it for the
ferrets" really mean they are confused about what is ferrets and what is
their own self importance and self-proclaimed but meaningless title.

I'm just a programmer who happens to be doing rather well at breeding
ferrets.  Could we please stop with the detrimental politics and get back
to ferrets.

bill killian
zen and the art of ferrets